WHERE NATURE & CULTURE REMAINS IDYLLIC
Located only 47 kilometres north of Kuantan, idyllic beach town of Cherating is only 3 hours from Kuala Lumpur and a short air flight away from Singapore.
This tranquil beach paradise facing the majestic South China Sea has its beginnings as a coastal fishing village. Early travelers recognized its natural beauty and quickly made its way to the international tourist scene, earning accolades and approval from international branded resorts already in business here.
Cherating has come a long way since, becoming a major tourism economy whilst retaining much of its original splendour. Given its many international recognitions as a leading beachfront retreat in the region, it is now a great time for you to claim your very own slice of this paradise.
Welcome to Impiana Residences Cherating!
N 4.159048 , E 103.408886
Impiana Resort & Residences CheratingCherating is a private beach that is easily accessible by road. It is located just 500 meters off the main coastal road of Jalan Kuantan/Kemaman, which is closely connected to the main highways of the East-Coast Expressway (LPT) linking the west coast of Malaysia, Gebeng Bypass and the Tun Razak Expressway linking to the south to Johor and Singapore.
Apart from driving, there are frequent bus services to Kuantan from all major towns in Peninsula Malaysia.
Distance from major cities:
- From Kuala Lumpur: 284 km (3 hours)
- From Singapore: 425 km (5 hours and 30 minutes)
- From Kuantan: 47 km (45 minutes)
- From Kuala Terengganu: 192 km (2 hours)
The closest airport is the Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah Airport (KUA), located 15kms from Kuantan. It services commercial flights between Kuala Lumpur, Penang and Singapore.
Flight duration from major cities:
- From Kuala Lumpur: 40 minutes
- From Singapore: 1 hours and 5 minutes
- From Penang: 1 hour and 30 minutes
PLACES OF INTEREST
Cherating is among Malaysia’s most beloved seaside retreats. Besides the long and picturesque beaches of Cherating, this locality is also renowned for its many tourist attractions for a wide range of interests, from adventure-hunters to food-lovers. Here is a list of some popular places of things to do here:
- Limbong Art for batik classes
- Surrounding villages such as Cherating
- Shopping –Chukai (Kemaman)
- Traditional kites, woodcarvings, pottery, fine batik, songket and Pahang silk textiles can be found at the Kompleks Kraftangan Kuantan in Cherating Village
- Shopping malls, traditional markets and souvenir shops
- Fishing Village (fishing trips on real fishing boats),
- Pekan Heritage Tourism (ECER)
- Surfing –excellent waves during November -December monsoon.
- Experience the conservation efforts of Cherating Turtle Sanctuary
- Cherating River -Mangrove River Tours, River Cruise & River Kayaking
- Firefly Night Tours along Cherating River
- Snake Island Snorkelling
- Charas Cave
- Lake Chini
Discover more about these exciting and memorable experiences from these renowned travel sites: